Skip to main content

Lenore vs. the bear

Ya'll sit right on down, because I'mma gonna tell you a story.
See this woman?

This woman is my great-grandma, Lenore Field (married name of Smith). 
Yeah, she's a boss. 
Here's how the story goes: 
Once as a teenager, she went camping. Well, pretend camping. The kind you do in cabins and whatnot. It was a bunch of teenage girls in one cabin, all the parents in the other. 

Anyway, it's getting pretty late at night. The girls are chit-chatting about stuff (probably boys), when they hear a noise. Not some normal, peaceful forest noise or whatever, but the kind of noise that puts a pound of lead in your stomach. They look out the window at the dark shadow of a bear. All the girls freeze with fright. 

This bear decides the cabin looks full of food, so he decides to come on in. 
That's when he meets grandma Lenore.

More specifically, the frying pan grandma Lenore swings right into his face. 
At which point the bear does something like this: 



And runs away in fear from a teenage girl. 



Note: Apparently there are three versions in this story. In one of them, she uses a pillow to fight off the bear. In another, the bear sticks its head in the window. In all of them, the bear tries to enter the cabin of teenage girls but can't get past Grandma Lenore. I'm not sure which is the "real" version, but I thought I should write it down before there are twelve versions of the story. :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do we all see colors the same?

Look at this. It's green. We all learned it in kindergarten and/or pre-k. And this, red. How do we know how we see it? It's weird but HOW????????????  I want to figure out if you see red how I do. The first thing we do to describe anything is colors. Do we see them all the same? How would we figure it out? DOES ANYONE KNOW?????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Intro #Avery

So I am roughly a super overachiever so here is a little taste of my resume.... ENJOY FBLA STATE PARLIAMENTARIAN  and my crew...(is it just me or do I have a REALLY small head in this pic?) Student Council President Book club President   meaning I pretty much deal with this...... and spend the whole time like this..... Beta club historian Play tennis #likeaboss I know you are sitting here like REALLY? TELL ME MORE... but I got to go soo..... DFTBA, The cool one

Second!

New blog!!! Cute kitten Monday! DFTBA - The little one :)